CHAMÄLEON Productions GmbH
Hackesche Höfe Berlin: Hof 1, Aufgang 1
Rosenthaler Straße 40/41
Managing Director: Anke Politz
AG Charlottenburg / HRB 146760 B
Salex tax identification number: DE287244133
Phone: +49 30 / 2844 577 0
Fax: +49 30 / 2844 577 11
Concept und texts: Patrick Ehrenwirth
Showphotos: Andy Phillipson / livewireimage, Heiko Kalmbach
Portraits: Lutske Veenstra, Takako Hasegawa, private
CHAMÄLEON Productions GmbH
Rosenthaler Str. 40/41
are the operators of this website and the services offered thereon, and are therefore responsible for the collection, processing, and use of personal data.
When using this website, personal data is processed by us, as the responsible entity for processing data, and stored for the period required to fulfil the specified purposes and legal obligations. Following policy will inform you about which data is concerned, how it is processed, and what rights you have in respect to the processing of the data.
Personal data, according to Article 4 No. 1 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Collection, storage, and use of personal data when visiting our website
You can visit our website without having to disclose information about your identity. The browser used on your terminal device merely automatically sends information to the server of our website (e.g. browser type and version, date and time of access) in order to enable a connection to the website. This also includes the IP address of your requesting terminal device.
The following data is recorded without your assistance:
- IP address of the requesting terminal device;
- date and time of access;
- name and URL of the file retrieved;
- website from which access is made;
- operating system of your computer and the browser used;
- name of your Internet access provider.
These data are temporarily stored in a so-called log-file and deleted automatically.
The IP address is processed for technical and administrative purposes of connection establishment and connection stability, in order to ensure the security and functionality of our website, and to monitor any illegal attacks thereof.
The legal basis for processing the IP address is Article 6 par. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest stems from the aforementioned security interest and the necessity of providing unobstructed service on our website.
We are not able to draw immediate conclusions regarding your identity by processing the IP address and other information in the log-file.
2. Personal data
We do not collect, store, or process personal data beyond the information described in par 1.
The information stored in the cookie results specifically from the terminal device used. However, this does not mean we immediately receive information about your identity.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes of maintaining legitimate interests, ours and those of third parties, in accordance with Article 6 par. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that cookies are not stored on your computer or that a notification appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can limit use of our website’s functions.
4. Integration of services and third party content
Our online content may include third party content, such as YouTube videos, map material from Google Maps, or graphics from other websites. The assumption is that the providers of this content (hereinafter referred to as “third party providers”) register the IP address of the users, as without the IP address they cannot send the content to the browser of the user concerned. Therefore the IP address is required for the presentation of this content. We strive to only use content the respective providers of which only use the IP address to provide said content. However, we have no influence on the third party providers, for example, storing the IP address for statistical purposes. In cases we become aware of such practices, we will inform the users.
5. Google Analytics
- browser type/version,
- operating system,
- referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server request,
The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide further services related to website usage and internet usage for market research and the design of these internet sites, as required.
Also, if necessary, this information is transferred to third parties, provided that this is required by law or if these third parties process this data on our behalf. In no case will your IP address be combined with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymised, so that an association is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies with the appropriate settings on your browser software. However, we point out that in this case not all the functions of this website can be used fully.
Furthermore, you can prevent the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address), and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on.
Alternatively, you can also prevent the processing of data by Google Analytics, especially on mobile terminals, by clicking on this link. This will set an opt-out cookie, which prevents future collection of your data when this website is visited. The opt-out cookie only applies to this browser and only to our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must re-set the opt-out cookie.
For more information on data protection related to Google Analytics, please refer to the help section on Google Analytics.
The tracking measures by Google Analytics are based on Article 6 par. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. We want to ensure the appropriate design of our website and the continuous optimization of our website. Secondly, we use Google Analytics to statistically record the use of our website. We also use the data for the optimized playback of advertising content. These interests are to be considered legitimate according to the above-mentioned provision.
We employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your stored data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or the unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved based on technological developments.
7. Disclosure, rectification, correction, and deletion of data
You have the right:
- according to Article 7, par. 3 of GDPR to revoke your once granted consent at any time. This results in our not being permitted to continue the data processing which was based on prior consent in the future;
- according to Article 15 of GDPR, to demand information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to which your data has been or will be disclosed, the intended period of storage, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, limitation of processing or objection, the existence of a right to appeal, the origin of your data if they have not been collected by us, and any existing automated decision-making process, including profiling, and meaningful information on the details of such;
- according to Article 16 of GDPR, to request the immediate rectification of incorrect data or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- according to Article 17 of GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, to respect the public interest, or to asserts, exercise, or defend legal rights;
- according to Article 18 of GDPR, to demand limitation of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you reject the deletion of the data and we no longer need the data, you however need the data to assert, exercise, or defend rights, or you, according to Article 21 GDPR have entered an objection to the processing;
- according to Article 20 of GDPR, to obtain the personal data your provided to us in a structured, common, and machine-readable format or to demand the transmission to another person responsible and
- according to Article 77 of GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual residence or work place or of our company’s seat.
Information on your right of objection under Article 21 of GDPR
You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data relating to you, at any time, based on Article 6 par. 1(e) of GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6 par. 1 (f) of GDPR (data processing based on a balance of interest); this also applies to profiling based on provisions of Article 4 No. 4 GDPR.
If you enter an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling, reasons worthy of protection for processing that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms, or the processing serves the purpose of asserting, exercising, or defending of rights.
If you want to use your right of objection, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org will suffice.
8. Validity and changes to this data protection information
This data protection information is currently valid and was last updated May 2018.
With the further development of our website and the content or due to changes to legal or administrative specifications, it may become necessary to change this data protection information. The current data protection information can be retrieved and printed out at any time on our website at www.chamaeleon-productions.com.